28 Jan 2008

year 2008 bad start

south africans had a rude awaking to the new year and next decade with the shocking news that the country has run out of electricity.

so we buy candles, connect gas stoves, cuss and curdle when the power shuts off and grin and bare it.

racial tension in the country mounts as a lone madman guns down township dwellers set in contrast to thousands of innocent south africans killed in the last few years..the south african killing fields ?
- when will the SA Police get their act together and get a grip on crime?

as darkness descends on south africa, hopes of hosting the world cup fades, people becoming depressed and a feeling of hopelessness settles over the country, we are very disappointed in the south african government and the ANC.

crooks, charlatans, fraudsters, murderers, rapists flourish and after sunset, ordinary people cower in their homes, afraid to venture outside.

the shocking news of Kenia's civil unrests, reminding us just how quickly civil war and chaos can break out and south africans shudder at the possibility that it could happen here too.

the mess/war/famine in Zimbabwe further deepening the overall feelings of pessimism and true african blues.

the long road to the dark ages in south africa has been set in tar, and this road we must walk, we have no choice, nowhere to run, or hide.

how can zuma be the best candidate for our presidency ? - he's uneducated, cannot read, is superstitious and agrees with mugabe and was accused of rape too
- oh hell, the devil just loves africa.

my once postive attitude has corroded, i no longer want to be here, but how can i run when our beds are burning ?

there is no god, and africa is not blessed, the big fat lie

when all else fails, duck and cover

No comments:

Terran citizen : science fiction reader since 1972

My photo
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, MyBB Forum, ZA, South Africa
Science fiction reader. I read to relax and because I am curious. I like data. I buy books in book stores and I download to my kindle, as well as read on my pc screen, I also write for fun. You won't believe the things authors have me imagining !

Sentinals