19 Sept 2008

Long cold wet Cape Town winter 2008

This current winter (May - September 2008)has been very wet and cold, frequent and hard rain has filled up all the dams across the Western Cape and probably the underground water lakes as well - is this another tiny hint to what is in store when global warming is in full swing ?

So it's been wet and cold with snowfalls on the higher peaks and fortunately there has been enough energy (electricity) to keep us smiling through most of it - nice one Eskom.

This photo is taken driving towards Franschoek from Stellenbosch in the Cape Province of South Africa.

No comments:

Terran citizen : science fiction reader since 1972

My photo
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, MyBB Forum, ZA, South Africa
Science fiction reader. I read to relax and because I am curious. I like data. I buy books in book stores and I download to my kindle, as well as read on my pc screen, I also write for fun. You won't believe the things authors have me imagining !

Sentinals