13 Aug 2007

A very grim book

I read Icarus by Roger Levy. At first I was shocked at the author's insight into domestic violence and sexual abuse, I almost put the book down as the author manages to provoke strong emotional feelings from me, the reader.

The story is one of the ultimate betrayel - and I mean ultimate !

Follow the actions of a charismatic evangelist/healer and watch how he descends into insanity step by step.

The story starts on earth and ends on another planet.

Lovely strong characters, strange locations and the slow awakening of a people who have been hoodwinked in the most astonishing and cruel way.

I am not going to give the story away, read it yourself and lament !

This is a very good book and readers should take heed of the underlying message.

No comments:

Terran citizen : science fiction reader since 1972

My photo
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, MyBB Forum, ZA, South Africa
Science fiction reader. I read to relax and because I am curious. I like data. I buy books in book stores and I download to my kindle, as well as read on my pc screen, I also write for fun. You won't believe the things authors have me imagining !

Sentinals