22 Oct 2007

The Sprinbokke won the world cup

I listened to the game on streaming audio and kept my eye on the All Blacks text updates, it was good, not a great "rugby rugby" game, but the boks played to win and did so with kicks !

The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross

It took me a long time to read this book, perhaps because I still find the fusion of science fiction with magic, difficult to enjoy, but I'm getting there.

This is a story about a detective and the many levels of shit he finds himself in.

Spin by Robert Charles Wilson

Aaaaaah yes, a brilliant book. I read it in one fell swoop, and will read it again soon.

Strong and beautiful characters, believable settings and excellent science fiction.

Read this book, you'll love it...can't wait for Axis.

No comments:

Terran citizen : science fiction reader since 1972

My photo
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, MyBB Forum, ZA, South Africa
Science fiction reader. I read to relax and because I am curious. I like data. I buy books in book stores and I download to my kindle, as well as read on my pc screen, I also write for fun. You won't believe the things authors have me imagining !

Sentinals