17 Oct 2004

Stormy weather

The storm that hit Cape Town early in October 2004,
was quite vicious. Sheets of rain and destructive winds
forced me to climb into the large old pepper tree to
retrieve my two pet chickens from their petrified
clinging to the branch.

So there I was in the height of the storm climbing
into the tree, sailing the branches on my tummy so
to speak, with a large plastic bag in hand, I deftly
got the two chickens into the bag and passed it
down to Jan, then sailed back down the branches,
soaked and scratched with a hurt back.

I was Jess's hero and I slept much better for it too.

No comments:

Terran citizen : science fiction reader since 1972

My photo
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, MyBB Forum, ZA, South Africa
Science fiction reader. I read to relax and because I am curious. I like data. I buy books in book stores and I download to my kindle, as well as read on my pc screen, I also write for fun. You won't believe the things authors have me imagining !

Sentinals